By Pattie Stechschulte
OSCPA members have a powerful new tool to help them with career and talent management.
The Society this year launched a new Career Center as a way to better address the needs of today’s business environment. The Career Center offers on-target tools and resources to connect employers with top talent.
Job Seekers: We are your foot in the door
The enhanced platform is designed to serve professionals at specific career stages, from students and young professionals to more experienced CPAs. Targeted by topic and career level, the resources include both articles and videos that provide guidance for career growth and transition.
• Access to high quality, relevant job postings; no more wading through postings that aren’t applicable to your expertise.
• Create personalized job alerts for notifications on relevant job opportunities.
• Manage every aspect of your job search by uploading multiple resumes and cover letters, adding notes on employers and communicating anonymously as you like.
• Apply anonymously – the resume bank protects confidential information, displayed for employers to view EXCEPT identity and contact information, which can remain confidential if needed.
• Talk with a career coach for advice anytime during the application, interview and acceptance process.
Employers: We are bringing you the industry’s brightest talent
One of the most exciting features of the new Career Center is the employers section. The page offers beneficial tools to help HR professionals – or members serving in an HR role – find the best candidates for open accounting positions.
To help employers quickly identify the best applicants, OSCPA’s business development team created a series of customizable questionnaires. This valuable screening tool allows employers to present candidates with a list of questions during the application process that zero in on desired skills and experience. The questions can be weighted to allow recruiters to easily sift through the applicant pool and select those who score the highest.
Based on member feedback, employers’ greatest recruiting need is not in attracting new applicants, but in finding qualified ones. The questionnaires provide a quick way to determine a candidate’s level of experience. The questionnaires can also be downloaded and used during the interview process.
The employer section also contains helpful articles and videos broken into four categories – hiring and retention, HR resources, office culture and business leadership tips. Enhanced features
• Access highly-qualified, professional candidates
• Fill open positions and maximize your reach with a wide variety of customizable posting packages
• Generate high return on recruitment advertisement spending
• Connect with the highly coveted passive job seeker
• Easy-to-use job posting and resume searching capabilities
• Review our resume bank of thousands of qualified professionals and only pay for resumes of interested candidates
• Manage your search with ease using our applicant tracking and management capabilities
• Use the Career Center
’s Internal messaging system to store communication between you and your candidates
• Set up templates for job postings, filters, letters and notifications
OSCPA is committed to helping you manage your career and recruit top talent. Check out the OSCPA Career Center now