The Ohio CPA Foundation funds the Statewide College Scholarship Program and the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship.
All scholarships are one-time awards of $2,000. Awards are non-renewable; however, recipients may apply for consideration in subsequent years if they continue to meet eligibility requirements. Scholarship awards are sent directly to the recipient's academic institution. Scholarships are paid in July for the recipient’s fall semester tuition and fees. All applicants will be notified of the College Scholarship Program results by Friday, March 3, 2017.
To be considered for a Statewide College Scholarship or the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Attending an NCA and/or AACSB accredited college or university in Ohio.
- Have completed at least 30 semester hours of college credit.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in fall 2017
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program as part of a plan to obtain the 150 semester hours required for the CPA exam.
- GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Be a student affiliate member of The Ohio Society of CPAs. Student affiliate membership is free and can be obtained by completing the college student membership application.
The scholarship application period is currently closed
. Applications will become available in September 2017.
- Complete and submit the online application by Friday, Nov. 25, 2016.
- Send official academic transcripts from ALL institutions where college credit was obtained. Transcripts must be postmarked by Friday, Nov. 25, 2016 for consideration.
- Mail sealed transcripts to the following address: The Ohio Society of CPAs, Attn: Mandy Hohler, 4249 Easton Way, Suite 150, Columbus, Ohio 43219.