The Ohio CPA Foundation has a Statewide College Scholarship Program and the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship.
All scholarships are one-time awards of $2,000. Awards are non-renewable; however, recipients may apply for consideration in subsequent years if they continue to meet eligibility requirements.
The application period is currently closed. Applications will be available in September.
Statewide College Scholarships are awarded on merit and are available in three categories:
- For students enrolled in community colleges or two-year institutions.
- For students enrolled in four-year institutions.
- For students from underrepresented ethnic, racial or cultural groups.
The Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship is named for the retired president and CEO of The Ohio Society of CPAs (OSCPA), J. Clarke Price. To honor his legacy, the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship Endowment was created to help students with the potential to be successful CPAs realize their dreams. The recipients of the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship will exemplify the qualities and characteristics that reflect his legacy – leadership, innovation and commitment.
To be considered for a Statewide College Scholarship or the Clarke Price Accounting Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Attending an NCA and/or AACSB accredited college or university in Ohio.
- Be an Ohio resident.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program as part of a plan to obtain the 150 semester hours required for the CPA exam.
- 3.0 GPA or better.
- Have completed at least 30 semester hours of college credit.
- Be a student affiliate member of The Ohio Society of CPAs. Student affiliate membership is free and can be obtained by completing the membership application.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mandy Hohler.